You do not need to be a member to get enjoyment from Columbia Gadget Works and take part in many of our activities, but joining up certainly has its perks. In addition to the benefits listed below, you'll also get that warm, fuzzy feeling from that comes from supporting our grateful organization. As an independent, non-profit hackerspace, we depend on our membership dues to keep the lights on and the solder flowing.
Currently, we can provide the following perks to dues-paying members that are not available to non-members.
- 24×7 access to the space
- Access to our machining tools
- Access to our members who know how to use machining tools (and can teach you!)
- Access to electronic test equipment
- Access to Arduino programming tools
- Access to the shop cameras
- The power to vote in accordance with our by-laws on issues and actions of the organization
- Ability to create your own Member Page on our wiki
- Inclusion on group projects
- Access to the microwave (it's a sweet microwave)
- Inclusion in the CGW community